Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Facebook is gay

This is not a revolutionary thought by any means, but I haven't written about it yet. What I hate most about facebook is that it is the epitome of the "Everyone is special and deserves a participation ribbon for trying" bullshit that my generation unfortunately grew up with. To wit:

Today I: went on a successful and meaningful shopping trip, read a book under my electric blanket, carved a mouse out of wood, and ate ravioli = lived well.
12 hours ago · ·

  • 5 people like this.
    Wow!!! Let's break this mind dump down step by step:
    1. A successful and meaningful shopping trip. I'm sure the children of Africa with their un-stitched cleft palates and intestines bleeding from malnutrition definitely have a few things to learn about purpose in life from you and your shopping exploits. Hey Mother Theresa.....you've got company.
    2. read a book under my electric blanket. Well you don't need to be an insurance adjuster to see the fire hazard there. Thanks for driving up my rates, bitch.
    3. Carved a mouse out of wood. Should have left the wood in it's original log form and bludgeoned yourself unconscious
    4. And fuck YOU with your and. An addition to this bullshit itinerary?
    5. ate ravioli=lived well why hasn't Good Housekeeping come and asked you to write an apologist self-help essay for middle aged women? I can see the headline now: "Secret to Living Well!! Page 26." as the hormonally imbalanced old hags flip to page 26 with excitement. Oh. Ricotta Cheese. It was so simple. Shit.

    Five people also "Liked" this. You go girl. Thanks for your interesting and totally necessary addition to my day. Emoticons!


No comments:

Post a Comment